Ukrainian Bitcoin ATM developer Intellogate has expanded its services to Asia through new partnerships with two South Korean companies.
See related article: Singapore Cryptocurrency ATMs Shut Down to Comply with Central Bank Rules
- South Korean blockchain service provider Publish and kiosk manufacturer Lincrux signed a memorandum of cooperation with Intellogate to leverage its cryptocurrency ATM expertise for installations across Asia.
- Intellogate installs 5,000 payment terminals per year in 25 countries and has a network of cryptocurrency ATMs.
- Compared to North America and Europe, Asia has few cryptocurrency ATMs, with Hong Kong leading the way with 139, less than 0.5% of the US
- Cryptocurrency ATM operators in Singapore halted operations as the country’s central bank issued new guidelines to restrict consumer marketing of cryptocurrencies.
- According to Allied Market Research, the global cryptocurrency ATM market is currently estimated to be worth $35.8 million and is expected to grow to $3.55 billion by 2030.
See related article: Walmart Quietly Installs 200 Bitcoin ATMs with Coinstar, Coinme